Last Revised: November 1, 2019
This Acceptable Use Policy (this “Policy”) describes certain prohibited uses of the VetNOW Platform. This Policy may be modified by VetNOW at any time by posting a revised version through the website or mobile application used to access the Platform. Your continued use of the Platform indicates your assent to the latest version of the Policy. If you do not agree with the Policy, you are not permitted to use the Platform. The terms set forth in this Policy are in addition to, and without limitation of, the restrictions set forth in the License Terms (the “Terms”).
The Platform relies on the respectful behavior of users toward one another. Therefore, any activity that is not respectful of others, is illicit or illegal, or compromises the performance of the Platform is not permitted hereunder, as further detailed herein.
Please note that while this Policy provides examples of uses that are not permitted, it is not an exhaustive list.
- Respect for Others on the Platform. You agree as follows:
- You will use all reasonable efforts to promptly attend all appointments you have scheduled; or, if you are unable to attend an appointment, you will cancel such appointment as soon as possible;
- You are responsible for all information you communicate to others via the Platform. You will not use the Platform to bully, abuse, spam, demean, defame, harass, stalk, threaten, embarrass, impersonate, attack, objectify, cause harm, use profanity, or advocate any of the foregoing, or otherwise act in a manner that is disrespectful to any other person or entity;
- You will not use the Platform to promote violence or any material that is obscene, offensive, hateful, discriminatory, deceptive, threatening, harassing, explicit, inflammatory;
- You will not use or disclose the information learned through the Platform except to the extent necessary to provide or receive services and information through the Platform;
- You will not upload or distribute any information or materials to or on the Platform that is not related to the Platform (examples of this would be advertising, promotions, solicitations, surveys, contests, irrelevant web links, and the like);
- You will not distribute any information or materials on the Service that are obscene, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, offensive, indecent, disrespectful or otherwise objectionable (whether in the form of text, graphics, photographs, sounds, images, or otherwise), as determined by VetNOW in its sole discretion;
- You will not use the Platform in a manner that promotes or causes exploitation of or harm to any other individual or entity, including without limitation persons under the age of eighteen (18);
- You will not use the Platform to solicit personal information from others or to advertise or sell any goods or services in connection with your use of the Platform;
- You will not use any name or logo of any third party without obtaining that third party’s prior written consent thereto;
- use the Platform as or on behalf of, a member of the media (e.g., as a reporter or print journalist) or for the purposes of reporting on the Platform, the interactions conducted through the Platform, the content therein, or any other purpose relating to the Platform or to VetNOW; and
- misrepresent your identity or impersonate any person or entity (including any other user of the Platform).
- Compliance. You agree as follows:
- You will use the Platform in a manner that complies with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations (whether international, national, or local);
- You will not infringe or misappropriate any proprietary rights (including patent, copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights) of any other party, or otherwise promote the illegal or unauthorized access, copying, or distribution of material protected by the proprietary rights of any third party;
- You will not use the Platform in a manner that conducts, attempts to conduct, or has the purpose or effect of conducting any fraud; and
- You will not interfere with or otherwise violate a user’s right to privacy or publicity.
- Platform Security and Operation. You agree that you will not:
- send automated queries of any sort to the Platform without obtaining our prior written consent thereto. This includes (i) any “meta-searching”; (ii) using any software that queries our Platform to determine the “rank” of our website; and (iii) performing “offline” searches on the Platform;
- use the Platform for any purpose not expressly permitted by the Terms or this Policy;
- overburden, harm, limit, or disable the Platform;
- interfere with any third party’s use of the Platform (including other users) or with the portions of the Platform not made generally available to the public (e.g., the “back end” of the Platform);
- modify or re-route (or attempt to modify or re-route) the Platform; and
- upload, transmit, facilitate the transmission of, or provide any content that contains viruses, worms, malware, corrupted files, keystroke loggers, time bombs, spyware, adware or any other computer code or program designed to adversely affect computer software and equipment (including without limitation the performance, security, functionality and quality thereof).
We reserve the right to investigate violations of this Policy or of the Terms, to obtain the assistance of third parties (such as law enforcement personnel and other appropriate third parties) with our enforcement of the Terms and this Policy, and to suspend or terminate access by persons who have violated such or have assisted others in doing so.
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.